As you review our policy, here are a few general principles to keep in mind:
- We do not sell your information to anyone.
- We only release your information to other professionals working with you on our rollover business startup with your permission.
- We do not process credit checks on you or ask for credit card information.
- Our services are intended for a United States audience. If you visit or use one of our websites or online services, your information may be transferred or processed in the United States.
- Our services and products are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
- If you are a California resident, you may have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Collection of Information
In addition, personal non-public information is required for our service, including:
- personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number(s);
- social security number
- information about existing retirement accounts;
- retirement account history, including information about the transactions and balances in a customer’s accounts;
- correspondence between a customer and 4RP or service providers to 4RP.
Use of Information
We may use the above collected information to:
- Process applications and transactions;
- Verify your identity;
- Prevent fraud;
- Enhance the security of our services;
- Communicate with you;
- Manage your preferences;
- Perform analytics concerning your use of our services (for example, the pages and advertisements you view);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies; and
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Client Information
We may disclose personal information to third parties who are not affiliated with 4RP in certain circumstances. Examples may include:
- As Authorized – if you request or authorize the disclosure of the information. For example, In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger.
- As Permitted by Law – for example, sharing information with companies who maintain or service customer accounts.
Security of Client Information
4RP maintains the following policies and procedures regarding security of client information:
- Our electronic client database does not contain sensitive information such as birthdates, social security numbers or credit card numbers.
- Our database and any individual client flies are electronically stored securely outside of internet access.
- We do not maintain paper files.
- Staff receives training on the types of information we can and cannot disclose to individuals and/or organizations outside 4RP.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you may also make the following more specific requests with respect to your personal information in accordance with applicable law:
- Access – You can request by emailing email@example.com that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information sold or disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opt-out – We do not sell personal information, and do not maintain a process for you to opt-out of selling your personal information.
California residents can exercise these rights by e-mailing as described above. We may deny certain requests, or fulfil a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent and ensure the agent has the necessary information to complete the verification process.