There are few things as thrilling and fulfilling but at the same time terrifying as being your own boss. If you’ve been considering walking that path, I’ve got 5 things you should be asking yourself.
- You have a passion that won’t go away: If you’ve got a persistent feeling like you need to follow a different path, daydreaming about what you could be doing while you’re at work or have some big idea that you know the world needs you may want to give entrepreneurship some thought.
- You value your freedom: If you’re the kind of person who wants to live life on their own terms, be the one that decides when to take a vacation and when to start their day then maybe having a 9-5 job isn’t for you.
- Every day seems like groundhog day: Are you feeling unmotivated at work and that every day resembles the one before it? If you’re a creative person who thrives when there is a complex issue that needs to be solved it might be time to turn in that resignation letter.
- You’re tired of being suffocated: If you’re tired of always having to bow your will to doing things someone else’s way when you have a million ideas in your head about how to improve everything then you may be destined to be your own boss.
- You can’t keep climbing the ladder: You feel like you’ve done all you can to get to where you are in your career and that there is nowhere left to go. If the thought of maintaining the status quo makes you queasy then it may be time to take the leap to entrepreneurship.
If any or all of these sound like you then it may be time to start building your dream rather than someone else’s.